SBD: MR>R@7 1/2 ips(JG)>R@ 7 1/2 ips.(WB)>CD
Please note that this soundboard portion is still only a partial but includes 8 more songs than have previously circulated which include China Cat Sunflower, I Know You Rider, Around and Around, Ramble On Rose, complete Weather Report Suite and Sugar Magnolia. So this, like the Cottsman compilation is an SBD\AUD mixture, but with the addition of the GEM audience is not only more complete but overall sounds much better.
This soundboard was also edited and mastered by Jamie Waddell on the GEMS Edit Station
Big Thanks to Matt Smith for sharing his cd's of this amazing recording.
Per Matt "Have no idea why the mixing issues in the beginning. However, what a fantastic jam!! Nice 'China Doll' as well!!'
Patch Audio Source Information
Source: Unknown generation soundboard > PCM > DAT > WAV > SHN
DAT > WAV > SHN: Dan Stephens (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tascam DA-20mkII > SBLive! (48-44.1) > WAV > MKW Audio Compression Tool
compiled by Dan Stephens 10/06/2001
NOTE: Special thanks to Peter Braverman for diggin into his vault and finding this for me - there was a bit of a difference between this source and what was used from it on the Cottsman compilation.
Edited and Mastered by Jamie Waddell on the GEMS Edit Station
A GEMS production -+-+- www.shnflac.net -+-+-
- Big Thanks to Matt Smith for sharing his cd's of this candelario audience.
- Patches and post production work performed by Kevin Tobin as part of the matrix\dts project using this show. Trac'ed Cdwave Flac'ed level 8 TLH
Per Matt Smith:
This is not in the vault. DL even looked at the box and told me. There may be one more reel gen but unless Kidd owns the master(s) Jerry(Debbie) had it as well as other AUDS Kidd did.
Source 1: AUD>MR>?>CD>EAC>SHN
Source 2: SBD>MR>?>PCM>D>CD>EAC>SHN
Source 3: SBD>MR>?>CD>EAC>SHN (Mexicali Blues only)
The audience recording is of decent quality for the era (though frequently oversaturated), and the SBD portions are only very slightly degraded. Sound Forge was used for pitch corrections, patching, and to remove many crackles that were present on the SBD portions. Some circulating copies of this show may have a BIODTL after Greatest Story, and a WRS from a degraded SBD. Both of these portions are actually from the 10-21-73 SBD, though, and have been corrected for this shn set.
The audience recording supplies:
--Promised Land through TLEO
--China Cat through Half Step
--many songs are missing the first few notes on the audience portions because of taper conservation; all such cuts are minor
--minor splice at beginning of Jack Straw, probably due to an accidental pause
--splice in China Cat @ 5:50
--dropout @ 6:12 in China Cat
--minor cut at the end of Half Step
--spice @ 6:15 in Sugar Magnolia
part of The Music Never Stopped Project 2002
Thanks to Michael Dixon, Alan Fink, & Dan Stephens
edits/encoding by JCotsman
- Mixed by email@example.com
- FLAC conversion 11-NOV-2008
1) The soundboard portion is still only a partial but includes 8 more songs than have previously circulated which include China Cat Sunflower, I Know You Rider, Around and Around, Ramble On Rose, complete Weather Report Suite and Sugar Magnolia.
2) Promised Land, Sugaree, Jack Straw and They Love Each Other come from AUD1 source.
3) At the beginning of Promised Land, 58.634 seconds were missing from the AUD1 source and was filled in with audio from the AUD2 source. The first notes of Promised Land are missing.
4) Mexicali Blues uses SBD3 source which is a little hissy.
5) Loose Lucy, Looks Like Rain, Row Jimmy and Big River come from SBD2 source (thank you Peter).
6) Between Looks Like Rain and Row Jimmy, 0.556 seconds were missing from the SBD2 source and was filled in with audio from the AUD1 source.
7) Equipment\Tuning, China Cat Sunflower, I Know You Rider, Around And Around and Ramble On Rose come from SBD1 source.
8) El Paso and Mississippi Halfstep come from AUD1 source
9) The rest of the show (Greatest Story, China Doll, Truckin', Nobody's Fault But Mine, Eyes of the World, Weather Report Suite and Sugar Magnolia come from the SBD1 source.
10) Between Mississippi Halfstep and Greatest Story, 2 minute and 35.313 seconds were missing from the SBD1 source and was filled in with audio from the SBD2 source. This includes the first 1 minute and 24 seconds of Greatest Story.
11) 4 minutes and 59 seconds into Eyes Of The World, 1 minute and 30.913 seconds were missing from the SBD1 source and was filled in with audio from the SBD2 source.
12) 6 minutes and 35 seconds into Sugar Magnolia, 2 minute and 07.549 seconds were missing from the SBD1 source and was filled in with audio from the AUD2 source.
13) Timing of this project was difficult due to the differnce in the various sources. The AUD1 source was used a reference due to its lineage and consistency. SBD1 was slightly faster at .5% or .2 seconds per minute, SBD2 was slightly slower at .5% or .2 seconds per minute and AUD2\SBD3 was all over the board but mostly slower.